AusCERT2015

Connect with us   ​  

Nick Savvides

Nick Savvides is the Australia & New Zealand Business Manager for Symantec’s Information Protection group. He is responsible for the growth and development of Symantec’s Information Protection strategy in the region. He also represents Symantec at conferences, forums, industry bodies, government relations and in the media.

With over 17 years of information security experience, Nick has contributed to standards, definitions, product design and some of Australia’s largest security and identity projects.

Nick is an active member of the IT Security community and a member of a number of industry bodies, advisory committees and industry working groups.

He is regularly invited to speak at IT and Security related conferences in the Asia Pacific region and is frequent contributor of articles to industry journals, magazines and forums. 

Nick is a graduate of the University Of Melbourne

 

Presentation Title
Be the 1%, Beat the 1%
Abstract

Everyone wants to feel special and at the top of our game, defenders and attackers a like. The reality is though not everyone is special. When simply deploying things like two factor authentication defeats 80% of attacks, how do you become special? For attackers its engineering better attacks, using 0-days, using target intelligence and making truly advanced threats. These are the 1% of attackers. For defenders, this is building better defences using a myriad of systems, running a SOC, recruiting, retaining and training staff, integrating data feeds, having a well funded security program and getting the most out of the hundreds of tools available. These are, if we are lucky, the 1% of defending organisations. In this talk, we will discuss how the other 99% can shortcut their way into the top 1% of defenders by leapfrogging capabilities and adopting new outlooks.

REGISTER HERE!

Conference Highlights

New Venue
Don't miss the best cyber security conference in Australia at the Surfers Paradise Marriott, only 150 m from Surfers Paradise beach

Conference MC
Comedian and Mathematician Adam Spencer will host the conference, Gala Dinner and Speed Debate

Career Café
Retreat to the back of the exhibition away from the noise for a real coffee at the AusCERT2016 Career Café and chat with specialist Infosec recruiters